Drug Plastics offers innovative solutions to help lower the carbon footprint of plastic packaging. We understand the importance of protecting the environment – it’s just the right thing to do. We’ve expanded the ways we can reduce greenhouse gasses in the plastic bottle and closure manufacturing process.
Here are just a few:
- Manufacturing bottles with Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) HDPE or PET resin.
- Using virgin resin obtained through Advanced Recycling.
- Reducing the amount of plastic in bottles and closures through Source Reduction.
- Eliminating pigments added to plastic resin.
- Eliminating the flaming process of bottles to reduce natural gas usage.
- Reducing the amount of collateral packaging such as cardboard, plastic bags, and twist ties we use to package our products.
- Offering reusable plastic pallets to transport our product.
We invite you to check out our Sustainability Calculators to see how these simple changes impact the environment and can help reduce the carbon footprint. Calculate your savings using a Drug Plastics bottle or by using the gram weight of a bottle.
Our commitment to sustainability goes far beyond solutions we offer to our customers. In fact, sustainability is one of Drug Plastics’ strategic initiatives. In 2015 we embarked on our own journey to implement wide-ranging sustainability initiatives throughout our company. We continue to develop new processes and procedures that help to reduce our own carbon footprint at our corporate office and eight manufacturing plants. These efforts are focused on four key areas:
- Reduce electricity emissions
- Reduce natural gas emissions
- Reduce water usage
- Increase recycling initiatives
Read our case study to learn more details about the progress we’ve made. As sustainability becomes more important to consumers, it’s vital that companies across all industries look for ways to reduce their carbon footprint.
Contact us or call 610-367-5000 to speak with a knowledgeable team member immediately. Let us help you make the right packaging decisions and join us in protecting our environment for the future.