Drug Plastics offers innovative solutions to help lower the carbon footprint of plastic packaging. We understand the importance of protecting the environment – it’s just the right thing to do. We’ve expanded the ways we can reduce greenhouse gasses in the process of manufacturing plastic bottles and closures.
Here are just a few:
- Manufacturing bottles with Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) HDPE or PET resin.
- Manufacturing bottles using virgin resin obtained through Advanced Recycling.
- Using less plastic in bottles and closures through Source Reduction.
- Eliminating pigments in bottles and closures.
- Eliminating the flaming process of bottles to reduce natural gas usage.
- Reducing the amount of collateral packaging such as cardboard, plastic bags, and twist ties we use to package our products.
- Offering reusable plastic pallets to transport our product.
We invite you to check out our Sustainability Calculators to see how these simple changes impact the environment and can help reduce the carbon footprint. You can calculate your savings using a Drug Plastics bottle or by using the gram weight of a bottle.
But our commitment to sustainability goes far beyond offering solutions for our customers. In fact, sustainability is one of Drug Plastics’ strategic initiatives. In 2015 we embarked on our own journey to implement wide-ranging sustainability initiatives throughout our company. We continue to implement new processes and procedures that help to reduce our own carbon footprint at our corporate office and eight manufacturing plants. These efforts are focused on four key areas:
- Reduce electricity emissions
- Reduce natural gas emissions
- Reduce water usage
- Increase recycling initiatives
Read our case study to learn more details about the progress we’ve made in these four key areas. As sustainability becomes more important to consumers, it’s vital that companies across all industries look for ways to reduce their carbon footprint.
When it comes to making sustainable plastic packaging choices for your pharmaceutical, vitamin supplement, or cannabis product, we can help.
Contact us or call 610-367-5000 to speak with a knowledgeable team member immediately. Let us help you make the right packaging decisions and join us in protecting our environment for the future.